...Just a Surfer

Even the most unspectacular surfers lead extraordinary lives. Here is the journal of one.

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Red Tide Blues 7-13-05

This red tide is killing me. I think i'm alergic. I went out last Friday and have been sniffing and stuffy ever since. Nasty. Now, I just keep looking at the photo of the day here and as long as the water is brown, I'm staying on shore - that is, unless there is some legitimate summer swell.

I guess I don't have enough experience to know, but isn't the red tide condition supposed to only last a few days? This has been weeks, now. Some of the veterens I know told me that this is highly unusual. Perhaps it's an indicator of the War of the Worlds.

My friend Steve said that the water was actually glowing in South Carlsbad two weekends ago. "Every wave that came in just glowed." Apparently, it has also produced quite a stench.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home